Personal Information – Clinical Investigator
We collect Personal Information from you when you register as Investigator with Clinical Trial Magnifier. Examples of Personal Information are name, address, telephone number, email address, and any other contact details you provide to us. We use this information to post your Study Site details on our Website. We will also contact you to hear about your interest in clinical trial participation. We will also distribute clinical trial news to our registered Investigators.
No Personal Information is collected, used, accessed, stored, transferred, or distributed without your explicit authorization. You can opt out being listed as Investigator with Clinical Trial Magnifier. In order to delete a registration the Investigator must use his own email address (as registered during the registration process) and send an email to [email protected] with a Subject line ‘Investigator Registry Deletion’. All the information that you have submitted at the registration will be deleted from our data base and you will not receive any further information from Clinical Trial Magnifier.
Clinical Trial Magnifier will collect, use, or share Personal Information supplied by you only for the purposes disclosed to you, unless the disclosure:
- is required by law or the competent governmental or judicial authorities;
- is necessary to establish or preserve a legal claim or defence; or
- is necessary to prevent fraud or other illegal activities, such as wilful attacks on Clinical Trial Magnifier information technology systems.
Non-Personal Data Collected Automatically
When you access our website, we may automatically collect data that is not Personal Information, such as the type of internet browser and operating system used, domain name of the website from which you came, number of visits, average time spent on the site, and pages viewed. We may use this data to monitor the relevancy of our website and improve its performance or content.
Cookies” — Information Stored Automatically on Your Computer
Disclosure of Your Information
We will not disclose Personal Information that we collect or that you provide to us to third parties. Clinical Trial Magnifier does not share, sell, rent, or trade Personal Information with third parties for their promotional purposes or for any purposes.
Transfer of Personal Information
Clinical Trial Magnifier complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield. Clinical Trial Magnifier has not and will not transfer any personal information between various geographic jurisdictions.
Storage of Personal Information
Clinical Trial Magnifier is using computer storage services from SiteGround. Currently, SiteGround uses the following data center locations: Iowa, USA; London, UK; Eemshaven, Netherlands; Frankfurt, DE ;Sydney, AU and Singapore, Singapore.
The continuous monitoring, upgrading and securing of the servers are performed by the highly qualified team of SiteGround system administrators.
The following information is provided by SiteGound:
Our server security is one of our top priorities. Here is just a small part of the measures we have taken to keep our servers and your websites secure.
- By default, we have set all servers to use the latest PHP 7 version with the latest security fixes.
- We are running Apache in a chrooted environment with suExec.
- We have sophisticated IDS/IPS systems which block malicious bots and attackers (Intrusion detection/prevention systems).
- ModSecurity is installed on all of our shared servers and we update our security rules weekly, thus protecting our customers from the most common attacks.
- We are providing easy to use and hassle-free auto-updates for WordPress core version and the plugins.
- We strive to keep the versions of all the software that is providing database services (FTP, SMTP, IMAP/POP3, HTTP, HTTPS) up to date with the latest security patches.
- We are constantly monitoring for vulnerabilities in the most popular applications and modules and whenever possible we develop virtual patches in the form of WAF rules (Web application firewall).
- We ensure that users’ data is accessed only by trusted personal on request by following strict policies and we keep detailed records for such access.
Clinical Trial Magnifier is committed to protecting the Personal Information you share with us.
We utilize a combination of industry-standard security technologies, procedures, and organizational measures to protect your Personal Information.
Clinical Trial Magnifier will not knowingly collect, store, share, or use the Personal Information of children under the age of 18 years of age.
We do our best to give you reasonable controls over the Personal Information we process about you. You are entitled to certain legal rights with respect to your Personal Information.
You have the right to:
- request access to your Personal Information.
- request correction of the Personal Information that we hold about you.
- request erasure (right to be forgotten) of your Personal Information.
- object to processing of your Personal Information
- request restriction of processing of your Personal Information
- request the transfer of your Personal Information to you or to a third party.
How to Contact Us
Changes to the Policy
Investigator Registration Terms
Registration Terms for Investigators
You - as Clinical Investigator (Investigator) - can register your name and study site details with https://www.clinicaltrialmagnifier.org/ (Website). The Website is owned by Clinical Trial Magnifier.
The Investigator is responsible for the correctness of the submitted information. Clinical Trial Magnifier will not be able to check the correctness and validity of the submitted material and will thus not be accountable for the correctness of the contents submitted
Purpose of the Registry
The purpose of the registry - Investigator Gazetteer – is to list clinical investigators interested in participating in sponsored and investigator-initiated clinical studies / trials.
The Registry is not in any way developed for patients in identifying / contacting potential medical doctors / clinics.
The Registry is not in any way developed for the industry in identifying / contacting potential medical doctors / clinics for medical product marketing purposes.
One Investigator per Registration
A study site with more that one Investigator must submit one registration per Investigator. It is not possible to register a trial organization such as an academic institution, site network or site management organization, but they can still register each associated Investigator individually.
Each Investigator will be identified through his/her email address and not by the Investigator name, medical clinic name or the contact email to the study site.
Usage of the Information
The two email addresses submitted by the Investigator will be used to send information to the Investigator / Study Site. The email addressed will not be given to a third party and will never be posted with the Investigator Gazetteer.
The Website will provide various information and news related to study site activities and clinical trials. New information will be distributed to the Investigators by email.
Weekly trial information will be posted on the Website as two different Gazetteer Newsletters. This information will be important for the Investigator in following the continuous flow of new industry-sponsored clinical trials. It will be up to the Investigator to contact the Sponsor in question.
The Investigator will get information about upcoming clinical trials as submitted by the Sponsors / CRO. Clinical Trial Magnifier will send information by email to potential Investigators. Investigators interested in a certain trial will be provided with contact information to the Sponsor / CRO. Clinical Trial Magnifier will not directly provide information about Investigators showing interest to the Sponsor / CRO.
Email Communication - Subject Line
All email from Clinical Trial Magnifier will have a Subject Line 'Investigator Gazetteer'.
There will not be any fee – at present or in the future - for Investigators registering with the Investigator Gazetteer on the Website.
Registration / Updating / Deletion
- New Registration. Please consult Prior to Registration (right column on this webpage).
- Update Previous Registration. Please submit a new full Registration and choose ‘Update Previous Registration’ at registration.
- Deletion of Registration. In order to delete a registration the Investigator must use his own email address (as registered during the registration process) and send an email to ctmagnifier-at-gmail.com with a Subject line ‘Investigator Registry Deletion’.
- Note: The Investigator's email address can only be used for registration of one single Investigator.